WHO?!?!?!

Welcome to Reverend Wayne Austin Goodchild's official blog. Not that there's an unofficial one...

Click WAYNE GOODCHILD IS HAUNTED to go to his Facebook page! There's good stuff on it! Honest!

...all work on here is copyright wayne goodchild, unless otherwise stated, you cheeky monkeys...

Monday 5 October 2009

sssshhhhhhhhh

I've been going back over a couple of slightly older stories, imposing the new things I've learnt upon them. ie re-editing, and removing/altering things such as excessive passive tense, needless punctuation, and so forth.

One such gem I've rejigged is The Taint, which in turn started out as a script. It's about the fear of complacency all couples experience, and how apathy infects society (with the whole "it'll be okay" mentality). It might be too subtle, and too insidious for some, and has no real explanation for the "creature" and I know how much that winds up some editors (it's a METAPHOR!)...but I'm looking at possible places to send it. I'd quite like to see if I can get it in an anthology, and one of the places I might send it to is Lame Goat Press - they're so new they don't even have any books out yet, but they seem to have their heads screwed on. Their deadline is ages away yet though, so I might try other places first...

I'm also going to go back over my 'evil circus' story, Grease Paint and Monkey Paints (I think every writer must attempt an 'evil circus' story at some point) because I think it's a solid story, but at 9000 words is too long to send anywhere. Whoops!

In other news, I'm working on some cover art for some book competitions, so we'll see what happens with that. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment