WHO?!?!?!

Welcome to Reverend Wayne Austin Goodchild's official blog. Not that there's an unofficial one...

Click WAYNE GOODCHILD IS HAUNTED to go to his Facebook page! There's good stuff on it! Honest!

...all work on here is copyright wayne goodchild, unless otherwise stated, you cheeky monkeys...

Wednesday 27 July 2016

FIRST!


Well here's a nice surprise I dug up this morning - it's the very first letter I received from a proper publisher, way back in I think 2006/2007! I accidentally ruined the original copy by spilling coffee on it, but wouldn't you know it, my parents made a laminated copy before that happened. Sneaky sneaky parents!

I also had a really good, lengthy email communication with Anthony Nott for months, even when his boss decided not to accept my manuscript. He (Anthony) gave me my first proper self-esteem/confidence boost to take writing seriously, least of all because I fully expected a straight-on 'no' rejection.

I still haven't found a home for this particular novel but in a kind of backhanded compliment way, almost every publisher I send it to replies with similar sentiments to this letter. So maybe one day someone will take a chance on it!

I'm still pleased with all the other writing achievements I've made, which technically started with the publication of a piece of flash horror fiction on Flashes In The Dark, which was run by a chap I believe called Tony Smith. Flashes still exists but I don't think he's involved with it anymore - does anyone know if he's still around? He was a really nice chap in emails, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment